Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

4 Posts

July 21st, 2022 07:00

UEFI0116 - system does not boot up

my dell r530 was not shut down properly (windows server 2012  OS installed). as a result I got UEFI0116 error - see pic 1.

ghoual_0-1658414907918.png

I cannot enter whene  I pressed  F2 (to enter setup) during POST remotely or F10 for life cycle.

please help me  urgently .

• 

3.7K Posts

July 21st, 2022 12:00

Hello ghoual,

I'm sorry to see that. Do you know what was the cause of the improper shut down?

UEFI0116 is most common a disk drive issue.  Are there any hard drives with amber lights?

I would recommend a flea power drain first and check if it boots up normally

drain flea power (shut down, disconnect power cables and Network cables, hold in power button 20 seconds with cords removed).  After flea power drain, system has to set for 3 minutes for DRAC to reset without any power plugged in, then plug in NIC and power but wait 2 minutes before power on to give DRAC time to initialize. Check results.

If you get the error again One or more boot drivers require configuration changes,  Press any key to load the driver health manager for configuration.  Press a key such as A.

Check the message and you can post a picture for us to see.

Typically next step is in input a character such as X in the input space. Check if it boots normally.

4 Posts

July 24th, 2022 02:00

Hello Charles

There are two virtual drive disk  systems Windows 2012 raids 1 in good condition, the other virtual drive raid 5 has 06 drives disk for backup among amber lights LED drives.( I removed the two discs in default amber lights, but the result is the same.

we have this picture

ghoual_0-1658653140601.png

• 

4.1K Posts

July 24th, 2022 17:00

Hi, just to make sure, as Charles suggested have you also disconnected the power cables as well? 

4 Posts

July 25th, 2022 04:00

HI , yes I discoennet all disconnect power cables and Network cable.

• 

2.4K Posts

July 25th, 2022 06:00

Hi, If you can access the F2 BIOS after performing what Charles said. Somehow the boot mode might have changed to BIOS. Changing boot mode to UEFI might help if you can access the BIOS setup.

4 Posts

July 25th, 2022 07:00

HI Erman , I can't acces with F2.therefore I can't change boot mode.

• 

8.8K Posts

July 25th, 2022 07:00

Ghoual,

What I would recommend, if you have already drained the flea power and such, is to take the server to its minimum to post configuration. Minimum to post for the R530 is removing everything from the server but the following;

• System board
  • One power supply unit (and for redundant PSU also the PIB)
  • Control Panel with cable (to power system on)
  • One Processor (CPU) in socket CPU1 (minimum for troubleshooting)
  • One Memory Module (DIMM) installed in socket A1

Once you do that then power on and see if it clears post, if so then power down and individually add the removed devices until the issue reappears, identifying the cause.

Let me know what you see.

1 Message

January 30th, 2023 07:00

Hi, I had the same issue with a refurbished server that my company bought. We replaced all the drives and thus the configuration was different. We resolved the issue by disconnecting the Perc controller and booting the server, then going into setup and changing the Boot settings from UEFI to BIOS. 

We then shut down the server, re installed the Perc card and the drives , and configured them without issue.

Hope this helps others as we could not find a solution otherwise.

3 Posts

July 3rd, 2023 18:00

I've had the same issue, this was the only solution that worked for me - Dell Perc 730 mini failure and then recovery. - Dell Community

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2023 00:06

I had to "discard preserved cache" on my setup yesterday and was able to boot. 

No Events found!