Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

6 Posts

April 29th, 2019 08:00

Virtual Disk failed SAS Raid 6 /iR Controller

Hello, We have a Server Dell Poweredge T300 with SAS 6 iR RAID Controller.

On Friday the server don’t restart because told SAS error on Disk, the situation is that one disk is Offline and another disk is foreign. With this situation it does not seem that there is loss of data, but we wake up with Support Live Image ) and RUN OpenManage Server Administrator and not more options to proceed only Clear Foreign or import Foreign configurations. Not any more actions form the disk or Virtual Disk.

Attach images. Thanks

IMG_4396.jpgIMG_4397.jpgIMG_4398.jpg

2.9K Posts

April 29th, 2019 12:00

The SAS 6iR controller doesn't offer us logs, so getting a look at logs won't be an option. I'm also fairly certain that this controller will automatically initialize any new virtual disks, which means that a retag wouldn't be an option. With both 0 and 1 being in predictive fail status, I would be treating this as a lost virtual disk and be looking at recovering from backup. If you don't have a backup and there is critical data on this virtual disk, you could look at a service like Ace Data Recovery or DriveSavers. I believe both companies offer discounts, if you tell them Dell referred you.

The screenshot is a little fuzzy, but it looks like you have an option to import foreign from the menu at the top of the storage tree. You may be able to attempt to import, but if it works, I would still only treat it as a temporary solution.

No Events found!