Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2014 22:00

first disk start after few seconds

Hi,

I have a dell poweredge 2950 with raid perc/5i with 6x500gb sata.

Sometime i notice that when i close the server and restart it.. the first drive did not start in time.. with a few seconds delay, preventing from initialisation of the array.  and sometimes, i had to close et restart a few times before it start..   

First i tought it was the drive... so i change it.  But the problem remain.

usualy during a reboot, there is no problem.. just when i start the server after a complete shuting down.

I looking inside to check the cable, the backplane and the controller... everything seem's ok..

I'm not sure where to looking for..

Any idea?

Thanks

• 

8.4K Posts

June 23rd, 2014 05:00

LLEDUC,

The issue may lie in the controllers driver and firmware, if they get too far out of date you can start to experience timeouts between the controller and drives. What version of the Driver and Firmware are you currently at on the Perc 5/i, as well as the drives firmware version?

4 Posts

June 25th, 2014 20:00

Thank you,

After a few day's of [ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed per TOU] and hair lost, i finally get the firmware bios and perc5i updated to the last.. with the

SUU_740_x32_225 repository.

The problem didn't change.  I guess it's the time to think about hardware problem??

• 

8.4K Posts

June 26th, 2014 06:00

Lleduk,

You may be correct. I would like to run a Dset on the server to see if we can confirm that. This is link for the Dset - http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=XHW4F&fileId=3169460955&osCode=WNET&productCode=poweredge-2950&languageCode=EN&categoryId=DI

I also sent you an email you can reply to with the report. 

No Events found!