Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 4th, 2017 13:00

perc 6/i configuration is not allowed

I have Dell R900 with 2012R2 running. I have perc 6/I with two VD drive configured. I had old power vault sitting with my old server 2950. I install the SCSI card and I can see all the drive (although off line) in disk management tool. I like to create more VD of these power vault drives but in perc/I control I am not able to create new VD, I get error Configuration not allowed. I can only clear the configuration of existing VD drive but can not create new VD. Any clue ?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 5th, 2017 09:00

Hello.

On what server are you trying to create the VD? What SCSI card are you refering to? You will not be able to create a VD with the drives that are offline. You might also consider using enterprise hard drives on the server and not NAS drives.

2 Posts

July 5th, 2017 11:00

Hi thanks for reply. I am trying to install a old dell power vault via PCI 53c1030 card on my Dell R900 server, this power vault has 15 drives slot. I can see the drives but from ctrl R option it is not allowing to create anymore VD (I already have two VD, on raid 0 and raid 1.I did online the drives and now when I go to individual drives from disk management from win server 2012r I can see the drives and by right clicking,  I can format these and also It is giving me two option to mirror or create it raid 5. Not sure if this will show up on the raid ? I can not create any other raid VD 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 6th, 2017 08:00

You  may not be able to see the VDs created outside the controller configuration or other management platforms tied to the controller. I am not certatin whether or not this SCSI controller is supported. Attempt to update its firmware and drivers and see whether it make s a difference.

No Events found!