Highlighted
2 Bronze

perc h700 unconfigured disks

Jump to solution

Hi  I've installed 3 Dell SAS disks. They show up in the Bios Config Utility under Unconfigured Physical Disks as  "ready" but pressing f2 does nothing. Is there another steps I need to take first?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: perc h700 unconfigured disks

Jump to solution

OK, cool, you're in the right place. What that interface doesn't really make clear is that what you have highlighted when you tap F2 matters. I would collapse all of those trees and the parent tree should be the controller. Pressing F2 on that should bring up the needed context menu. I think it should pop on virtual disks, too. 

If you move your cursor around on that VD Mgmt screen and try F2 in a few different locations, do you get any different behavior, or does that menu never pop?

#Iwork4Dell

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hiya BigBBear,

No, I think you should be good. Ready is what we want. Do you have any means of sharing pictures of your screen? I figure that will probably be the quickest way to go.

Alternatively, your lifecycle controller can be used to help deploy an OS. A RAID creation wizard is the first part of that. Cautionary addendum to that though, that wizard will leave you with a singular OS virtual disk. You could have multiple other disks, but it won't let you set up an OS volume, then a data volume. You'd need to create the OS volume, install the OS, then create the data volume using another tool (like OMSA, for example).

#Iwork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

IMG_20200521_174907073.jpgIMG_20200521_174939887.jpgIMG_20200521_174957738.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks Dylan

Pics above. As you can see I've already got 3 sas drives running as 3 separate virtual drives  with Win10 on either no 1 or 3, so I'm trying to add 3 more.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

OK, cool, you're in the right place. What that interface doesn't really make clear is that what you have highlighted when you tap F2 matters. I would collapse all of those trees and the parent tree should be the controller. Pressing F2 on that should bring up the needed context menu. I think it should pop on virtual disks, too. 

If you move your cursor around on that VD Mgmt screen and try F2 in a few different locations, do you get any different behavior, or does that menu never pop?

#Iwork4Dell

View solution in original post

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

That's it! I was pressing f2 with one of the disks I wanted to use highlighted. All clear now

Thanks again for your help.

Geoff

0 Kudos