Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

2 Posts

April 28th, 2022 08:00

poweredge r210 II & support for 10tb sata hdd

Hello,

We have had a poweredge r210 II for about 10 years and it's been working great. But now moving forward with our infraestructure renewal we wanted to give it a new function as a backup server. To do so we wanted to add two Western Digital 10Tb hdd.

When we add them the server doesn't see them. What could we do to add them successfully. Eg perc controller? 

Thank you so much

• 

8.8K Posts

April 28th, 2022 12:00

Ntosar,

The largest I show listed for the R210 II is an 8TB SAS part # C5HD0, or 8TB SATA part # J7W80. That being said the issue may actually be due to the controller you are using, as most of the supported controllers for the H210 II have a 2TB limitation on physical disk size. The exception being the H700 and H200 (with latest firmware), those do not have a physical drive size limitation. 

Let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

May 12th, 2022 02:00

Hello,

In the end we got the PERC H700. We updated the firmware to the 12.10.7 version that we think is the latest and it stills doesn't recognize our 10TB HDD. The controller does see the 60Gb SSD and the 2TB HDD that we have tried for testing. 

We believe that it should be possible to add the 10TB because we succedded connecting them from an external box of 4 disks through and e-SATA but we just can't understand how to connect them successfully internally.

Any suggestion or we should just go with the workaround and connect them externally?

Thank you

• 

2.4K Posts

May 12th, 2022 03:00

Hello, apart from the workaround you found, I am not sure how you can add it internally to the SAS chain somehow.

No Events found!