Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 5th, 2014 10:00

"missing member" in Dell Poweredge 2500 Server PERC 3/Di boot array

HELP!  Newbie in need of wisdom.  Did not realize two drives bad (one in each array) until reboot.  Noticed message in BIOs and changed out indicated drives without OFFLINING them.  One rebuilt with out problem but the one in the OS array (0) will not rebuild.  Cannot figure out how in the world to access controls to let system know that the drive has been changed.  This system is working, just slow (half the drives in that array).  The management software was not properly installed and it is old.  IT assistant is obsolete but will not open and the one that took it's place is not present.  I get a message that says the Array Server is not installed.  I know, this is a nightmare.  Is there one brave soul that has pity on this old guy to try and help?  I am willing to learn but have a long way to go.  

2 Posts

March 8th, 2014 10:00

Thank you theflash1932 for your reply. My God richly bless you and yours. The management software was not loaded and the further we looked more problems arose. We abandoned that old server and doubled up those duties on a newer server already deployed. Thank you for your willingness to help. Keebo

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

March 5th, 2014 10:00

You did not 'offline' them ... were they already failed/offline, or were the drives showing a 'predicted failure'?

What OS/SP?  Do you have Dell's Array Manager installed?

How many drives, and what is the current status of each?  What RAID configurations are they in?

No Events found!