Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2017 21:00

sas A cable missing/misconfigured

So my server has a error on boot up

I have installed a replacement raid card /cables/battery  ansd the issue still presists. Once i hit F1 server is fine ,just anoying if i have to start/restart server remotely with Drac I have to call the office and have someone hit F1 (with windows 10 java does not like conecting) Any input is aprecated i just dont like tossing money at a problem unless I know the cause.Also the everything has the most recent fermware in it bios,backplain,raid card,drac ...

Thanks again

Ps its a Gen 3 2950 ,bios 2.7.0  with 32gb ram, 2x3ghz quad cores, 4x146 SAS raid 10 and 2x2tb sata raid 1,Perc6 was the old card as well as replacement.

• 

8.8K Posts

March 20th, 2017 13:00

NM117,

To start I would reseat the cable connections for the SAS cables. Then try swapping the cable with a known good to see if the error persists or moves with the cable. That will give us a place to start from. 

13 Posts

March 21st, 2017 06:00

Ok,I reseated ,no difference. Now this is on the only 3.5 inch 2950 server that we have,but I was able to use SAS cable B off one of our spair 2.5inch 2950s and hook it in to the A slot,same issue. (Sas a for 2.5 to short to use for 3.5)We have a spair 3.5 II gen at a different location, i will see about haveing it transferred ,will a 2nd and 3rd gen use same raid parts? (Wires and backplain/conectors)

Thanks for your help

• 

8.8K Posts

March 24th, 2017 07:00

Most of the cables should be the same between the generations. It will have different risers and cards, but the cable should be the same.

Let me know how the test goes.

No Events found!