Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

March 24th, 2019 08:00

Hyper-v, T20, Windows Server 2016 Standard not installing

Hi all,

Loving my T20, but hit a wall. Recently installed Windows Server 2016 and looking to setup Hyper-V to enable Docker support of Linux apps. 

Server: T20, Xeon CPU-E3-1225 v3 @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 24GB

Some actions completed before trying Hyper-V install: Havbe set up active-directoy/domain. I've updated all my drivers + the BIOS. BIOS has virtualisation enabled. 

I try to install hyper-V through the server manager. Installs OK, but then fails on the first reboot, with the error "we couldn't complete the features" during the windows boot  and then mentions "Hyper-V" service superficially, stops the service and then removes the service. Can boot back into the server after 2 restarts, but hyper-V not available. 

"CoreInfo -v" produces:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1225 v3 @ 3.20GHz
Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel
Microcode signature: 00000025
HYPERVISOR      -       Hypervisor is present
VMX             *       Supports Intel hardware-assisted virtualization
EPT             *       Supports Intel extended page tables (SLAT)

SysInfo:

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware  Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Only one Network adapter (hardware card) listed in Device manager - updated driver. 

So very stuck + out of idea through internet searches. Hope someone can help, because getting hyper-v up and running would make a superb server an amazing one!

• 

6.2K Posts

March 25th, 2019 09:00

Hello

I suggest reviewing the requirements for the Hyper-V role. There may be a role conflict with what is currently installed and what is required.

Thanks

3 Posts

March 25th, 2019 10:00

Thanks Daniel,. but I was worried this would happen. The folk over at Microsoft technet are saying ask you guys as it's likely hardware. You're suggesting it's an OS issue?

3 Posts

March 27th, 2019 17:00

Thanks Dell. Maybe you're not a faceless, heartless, insanely wealth gathering global succubus after all. 

No Events found!