Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

40 Posts

May 30th, 2019 04:00

Remote Logging (SysLog) - iDRAC - OEMR XL R330

I do need some assistance. The idracs on our servers are not sending any remote syslog. The following has been done from reading the idrac documentation:
1. Overview - Server - Logs - Remote Syslog enabled, correct IP inserted into 'Syslog Server1'.
2. Overview - Server - Alerts - alerts enabled, all alerts filters ticked, most of the 'Remote system log' checkboxes ticked under 'Alerts & remote system log configuration'.
3. Events triggered to produce something in the idrac syslog.
4. My network team report that the 'flow sessions'from the idrac server are empty.
5. idrac firmware updated to 2.61.60.60.
6. Settings checked against the syslog settings on the other idrac server

Remote server is running on the same network as iDRAC and the iDRAC is enterprise so remote syslog is allowed.

I can only think of about that it can be routing problem but I am not sure where I can find the routing table ?

Maybe you can help what can be the problem or point me to the right direction.

Thank you

• 

6.2K Posts

May 30th, 2019 09:00

Hello

It looks like you have performed the steps necessary to enable remote syslog. I suggest reviewing everything again.

• Verify iDRAC Enterprise license is being used in Overview>Server>Licenses
  • Enable remote syslog, enter IP of remote server, and enter port in Overview>Server>Logs>Settings
  • Configure alerts to send to remote syslog in Overview>Server>Alerts
  • Enable alerts in Overview>Server>Alerts

Make sure that you use the apply button on each page after changing settings. If you continue having issues then I suggest updating the iDRAC/LCC firmware to the latest.

Thanks

40 Posts

June 12th, 2019 05:00

I've done everything which you pointed at. The firmware was already updated to the newest one. License is good, port and other configuration seems to ok.

I tried to test it in Test even field. I found some IDs:

event.jpg

So I inserted TST into the Msg ID box on the Overview – Server – Alerts page and clicked the Test button and it gave an error:

System Alert

RAC0211: Apply failed

Not sure if I've done something wrong or the ID was wrong ?

any thoughts ?

Thank you

40 Posts

June 12th, 2019 10:00

Remote syslog is not working. I tried to test it but without any luck.

I've done everything from the manual and also what Dell engineer pointed at. The firmware was already updated to the newest one. License is good, port and other configuration seems to ok.

I tried to test it in Test even field. I found some IDs:

event.jpg

So I inserted TST into the Msg ID box on the Overview – Server – Alerts page and clicked the Test button and it gave an error:

System Alert

RAC0211: Apply failed

Not sure if I've done something wrong or the ID was wrong ?

any thoughts ?

Thank you

No Events found!