Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

OS

May 7th, 2016 12:00

Dell T410 ESXI 6?

Hello everybody,

Recently I (again) went trough the struggle that you can only access ESXi servers via the windows GUI, when I was working with multiple non-windows OSs.

I know that there are several solutions to this problem but the one that appeals most to me is the ESXi embedded host client (link). After some testing on other systems I have determined that it functions better on ESXi version 6 but my PE T410 is currently running ESXi v 5.5u3.

I am running this server in my home lab and therefore it is no problem for me to upgrade them (I am using free ESXi, so vCenter is not an option for me). After some digging on the internet I found out that the PE T410 is however not supported in ESXi 6.

In the past I have already installed ESXi 6 on a PE T410 but back then (a week after the release) there was a bug that caused my system to crash (I believe it was my raid controller caused the problem, it is an 'ASSEMBLY, CARD (CIRCUIT), PERCH700ADPT, 512M, SERIAL ATTACHED SCSI', part number K883J). Ever since then I have been running ESXi 5.5u3 but I would like to upgrade if it fixes my problem.

I don't really like the idea of running an unsupported configuration but in this case it might just be that the bug has been fixed and that the system has just not been verified because it was too old but functions just fine. Therefore I would like to now if anyone has successfully installed ESXi 6.0 (or an update of it) on the PowerEdge T410 and can tell me about their experience with this.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Olivier Smet

No Responses!
No Events found!