Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2006 22:00

IT assistant query

Hi,

I'm currently working on Dell IT Assistant ver 7.2.0.   I'm having problems with alert notifications.    I get email notifications when a server being monitored is down  or has just been up but not for any other events like,  power supply failure (redundant) or network card disconnected (redundant).  
After I unplugged one the power supplies,  I can see it in ESM log of the device but not on the Alert log. 

I've set the Alert filter for All Severity,  All Categories and All Devices.  I've also set the  Alert Action to associate the Alert filter I created.    What could I have missed?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sielay

Message Edited by sielay on 11-23-200607:05 PM

November 28th, 2006 20:00

Sielay,

According to the ITA User Manual, under the Alert Associations, you can select whether you want the event captured by the filter to trigger an alert or be written to a log file. 
Maybe this is the problem  - you seem to have covered all the other steps.

7 Posts

November 30th, 2006 21:00

I have trashed that system already but I remember choosing Alert before instead of Event log though I didn't move it up.  After I try to reinstall IT assistant on a new system it seems to work.

Thanks for you assistance Siobhan K.

Regards,

Sielay

4 Posts

December 7th, 2006 10:00

I'm experiencing this exact same problem, with exactly the same symptoms i.e. The alert is appearing in the ESM log but not the Alert log, and the Action Alert/Filters are configured/associated properly.

Also the email alerts aren't working (i.e same problem as I said!) but I'd rather not trash it and install on another machine - as the one it's on is the only viable IT Assistant at the moment. Are there any other checks/fixes I could apply?

Any related advice greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
No Events found!