Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2015 19:00

Installing Windows 2012 R2 on R720XD

The install keeps failing.  I used the Life Cycle to update the firmware of all the devices that had newer versions.

I use the Life Cycle to deploy the OS and select BIOS as the boot option and Manual install.  I get past the Copying Windows files, Getting files ready for installation, and Installing features.  It starts the Installing updates and I get the following error.  I also tried using the UEFI boot option and still get the same error.

Windows Setup

Windows cannot copy files from l:\Sources to G:\$windows.~LS\Sources.  The files do not exist.  Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation.  Error code: 0x80070002.

I currently only have a RAID 1 configured, but have other drives installed in the server not configured.

I tested the same DVD on two other servers without any issues. 

The system has 32 gig ram, two 8 core processors, two 300GB drives in the RAID1,and three unused 300GB drives and seven 600GB drives.  I am using an external USB DVD drive to read the disk. 

• 

8.8K Posts

December 4th, 2015 08:00

MTFan,

The issue may be a couple things. First off is that the drivers on the Lifecycle Controller are out of date. Use this file to update the Lifecycle Controllers OS Driver pack. The second issue may be with the OS install trying to occur across an external USB DVD drive. What you could try, if you have the iDrac Enterprise, would be to load the OS ISO to the Virtual Media of the iDrac. Then install the OS that way.

:Let me know if wither of these help.

2 Posts

December 4th, 2015 17:00

It turned out to be the DVD.  Even though I used it to install the OS on two R720 servers, it would not work on the R72xd.  I burnt an ISO to a new DVD and installed the OS using the same external drive.

Thanks for you help.

No Events found!