Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 3rd, 2016 21:00

OS Deployment on PowerEdge T110 II

We just got a PowerEdge T110 II, I followed the instructions I found on the support documents and forums like: use LifeCycle, boot to OpenManage DVD,

Nothing worked

Actually, my server does not have LifeCycle, it has Unified Server Configurator instead. I tried using USC and was stuck at the point when it asks for source of the drivers, and the catalog location.

I extracted the drivers relevant to the OS I trying to install  - win 2012 R2, I put it in a USB. Still could not bypass that step.

I appreciate any help:

First how to install LifeCycle?

How to bypass the step asking for the driver source and catalog location?

Finally, how to install OS?

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 4th, 2016 07:00

The T110 II, as noted, does not have a LifeCycle Controller.

Skip the installation utilities and install directly from the OS media to install.

3 Posts

October 7th, 2016 00:00

Yes, it works, I had to press F11 to go to the boot menu (When the option of pressing the F-keys was displayed during on the right hand side), then, I selected to boot from the DVD, the server os picked from there on.

I had a problem though: I created the DVD by extracting the image and copy/paste to the DVD.

After contacting Microsoft community, I was asked to create the DVD using an image creator, any free one will do the job.

This for anyone who encounters the same situation in the future.....thanks again.

3 Posts

October 4th, 2016 11:00

Will give it a shot and let you know.

Thanks for the time and help...

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 7th, 2016 12:00

I you are running Windows 8 or later, just right-click the ISO, and select "burn/copy disc image" ... you don't need special software.

No Events found!