Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

June 14th, 2009 12:00

PE/PV 1x8 SCSI BP SCSI Processor Device PowerEdge 4600

Also PE/PV 1x2 SCSI BP SCSI Processor, I cannot find the Back Plane Drivers for this System, if they are in the driver file I do not see how they are labled.

I am trying to install XP because that is what I have, I also have 2000, but I would love also to find replacement original disks with Drivers, I have 4 of these machines, and have Put all the drives and Ram into the best one, Please can somebody direct me to the Ram or Replacement CD's?

946 Posts

June 15th, 2009 09:00

Not sure you will find the drivers for XP on the DELL site, but you can find all the available downloads for the 4600 on support.dell.com.  Just enter the service tag or choose by product type.  The cd with the drivers will be the Installation and Server management CD.

5 Posts

June 16th, 2009 09:00

Not sure you will find the drivers for XP on the DELL site, but you can find all the available downloads for the 4600 on support.dell.com.  Just enter the service tag or choose by product type.  The cd with the drivers will be the Installation and Server management CD.

Thanks Dennis, there is about 150 of them there, None are called Back plane Drives or Reference that error above, I have downloaded and installed as many of the likely posabilities I can find, none seem even close, the Errors remain in the device manager, I do not have any CD's with my machines, is there someplace I can download that CD?  Do U have a copy if it?

946 Posts

June 16th, 2009 16:00

Here is the link to the Backplane driver.  I do not have a copy of the CD's, however listed under system's management on the download site are the ISO files for them.

5 Posts

June 16th, 2009 20:00

WOO Hoo WoWoWow!  it works, thanks Dennis

For all, I called Dell this morning, I got transfered around the Globe for a while and somehow some guy in Bangladesh accidently transfered me to the wrong guy with the right answers, He tells me I can get original Replacement software here: https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form  He said it was a one time deal for and By the service tag on the computer, it was free and would be updated as far as was allowed by the particular operating system in question. I filled in the form and crossed my fingers.

No Events found!