Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

February 22nd, 2001 18:00

Partition Sizes

Well, I had redhat factory installed but I quickly removed it, I didn't need XServer, and alot of other software on it, like 1.5gb's worth. So I reinstalled with the cd's provider, Redhat7.0. I Now have total space of 8675MB on my 9.1GB scsi, I know there is system overheads with the inodes of the drive. Is that comparable, or any somehow losing space somwhere? Another question is I made my /home partition 6.7GB, but it only says 4K is being used, and there is 6.3GB free. That 400mb of space is useable, but DF dosnt return the data correctly. And I suppose I do have one more question, lm_sensors, the poweredge 1400 does have them correct? The kernel just needs to be rebuilt to support it.

Brian Collins
Centrility Development

February 23rd, 2001 02:00

lm-sensors doesn't work on Dell servers. Instead, use the Dell OpenManage Server Agent. It's available at http://support.dell.com/filelib. Select your server type, Red Hat Linux, English, and category "All", and you'll see it.

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2001 13:00

Ok, well with the Dell OpenManage Server Agent is there a way to show the settings locally on the machine? Or am I forced into using the IT agent on a windows based machine? I want to use it not only for remote administraion but I would like to use it locally on the machine aswell.

Brian

5 Posts

February 23rd, 2001 18:00

Another thing i've noticed is that most of the sensors are saying 'alarm' which is well, sorta alarming. Does it just not know what its supposed to be? like the fan is normally spinning at 2700rpm's, but lm_sensors say it should be 3000rpm minimum.. Any ideas?

Brian Collins

1 Message

Actually, lm_sensors does work on a PE1400 (and very nice). You need to use the adm9240 module. I have only tested this with the latest Red Hat Beta, and even then there is a bug in the driver/sensor Makefile which tryies to build the adm2904 rather than the adm9240. It should work with earlier 2.2 kernels.

5 Posts

Yeah, after testing today I recompiled with 2.4.2 kernel and it seems to be working now, I had a few problems getting it to work, but seems to be running fine now.

Thanks

5 Posts

I've noticed that my fan rpm speeds among others are never making the speed its supposed to. Do the fans spin slower than the module knows? For example, Fan1: 2789RPMs, .. Minumum is 3000RPM's, so its saying 'Alarm' next to it. Thats just one example, the majority of the coloums have 'ALARM' attached to it.

May 24th, 2005 20:00

I think you have to edit /etc/sensors.conf to set the ALARM levels.
No Events found!