Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2010 07:00

PowerEdge R210 OS installation

Hi There

I have a problem installing Windows Server 2008. I have just unpacked a new Dell PowerEdge R210. I boot into the Unified server configurator and go to the Deploy OS section. I get to the point where it asks me to insert the disc containing the OS. I do this and then it reboots to continue with the installation. When the server reboots, it does not install server 2008, it just goes back to the point where it says "No operating system currently installed on this system". I have tried it several times with different discs and the problem is still happening. I checked the note that says I might be prompted to press any key, but this does not happen.

So at the moment I cannot install an operating system. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Patrick

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 28th, 2010 14:00

Go here and download the driver for the RAID controller that came with the server and extract those files and put them on a CD or USB:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=LHS64&catid=46&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=PWE_R210&hidos=LHS64&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=True&scanConsent=False

Boot to the Windows DVD, and when it says (if it says) it cannot find any hard drives to install to, then click on the Load Driver link.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 25th, 2012 19:00

That is one alternative.

October 28th, 2010 10:00

Hi theflash1932

Many thanks for your response. Yes the DVD was created from an ISO downloaded from the Microsoft website. How do I install directly from the Windows DVD?

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 28th, 2010 10:00

Are your disks VL media (downloaded from Microsoft's eopen website)?  Dell utilities often will not work with the way MS formats the ISO disk image.  You could always try installing directly from the Windows DVD.

1 Message

October 25th, 2012 17:00

I have gone through with the same process, when you try to install OS to dell r210 it does not recognize the HDD's (RAID)

first thing you need to do is download the R210 system utility ISO and install then you will be prompt do insert Windows OS install support pack cd once you completed it will prompt to insert the OS cd. 

No Events found!