Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

June 6th, 2020 07:00

Poweredge R530 Stuck on Post Screen

Hey all, I’m in desperate need of your help. I have a Poweredge R530 that is stuck on the initial post screen. It would occasionally get past it two days ago, and now I can’t seem to get it to. It’s the Dell screen that says “IDRAC IP : . . . .” And will stay there overnight. I have tried “RACADM systemerase bios” and it fails. Any pointers would be highly appreciated! I’m at a loss. Thanks everyone. 

• 

790 Posts

June 8th, 2020 00:00

Hey!

This sounds serious -.-

First of all you might try to reset the iDRAC. There are several ways, the easiest is to press and hold the i-button for 20 seconds until you hear that the fans start running. Then you can release the button.

Another way is to ssh the iDRAC and send a RACADM RACRESET command. This will do the same.

If this does not solve the issue, you should start excluding parts to make sure they are working. Best way for this is the Minimum to POST configuration.

The minimum components to allow the system to complete POST are as follows:

• System board
  • One power supply unit (and for redundant PSU also the PIB)
  • Control Panel with cable (to power system on)
  • One Processor (CPU) in socket CPU1 (minimum for troubleshooting)
  • One Memory Module (DIMM) installed in socket A1

When it comes up in this config, you can add additional parts again. If the error persists it's very likely that the system board is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Here is the link to our PowerEdge Troubleshooting guide, it might become handy: https://dell.to/3f5LMbX

Let me know if any of this helped.

Best regards,
Stefan

February 26th, 2021 09:00

I am stuck at the say area. I replaced the motherboard and still the same thing. What else am I not seeing???

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

February 26th, 2021 09:00

We encourage our users to create new threads for assistance. If you'd like to engage with the community specifically, you're more than welcome to do so here. If you'd like one of us to help go over the issue with you, I'd request that you create a new thread showing the issue, any pictures you may have, and all troubleshooting steps you've taken.

No Events found!