Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2015 21:00

Poweredge t410 running Windows 7 Need help with raid

Our non-prof was given a t410 .... I went in to control r and sat up raid1 and tried to install server 2008 iso image with no luck .... for kicks I threw a win 7 iso and boom it installed.  I already have a back up system in place with terabyte network harddrives so I want to use it as a PC but I can't seem to Undo the raid1 setting and take it back to raid 0 so I can utilize both harddrives ... any suggestions?

I've seen people post on trying to do this and for me so far so good I just can't  see my second drive or access it.

This is in use in a community radio station.  The t410 has 2 quad cores and 28 gb ram!

I'm running:

Radio automation music software

streaming webcam encoder

many cam video switching software running multiple webcams

broadwave audio server

2 USB sound cards

So far no issues I couldn't over come !!!!  Nice thing is ... this unit is taking care of operations I used to need 3 XP pc's for!!!

2 Posts

April 5th, 2015 21:00

BTW the button in CRTL R to setup raid is greyed out and won't let me change it

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

April 6th, 2015 09:00

Server 2008 (based on Vista kernel) likely doesn't have the drivers for the RAID controller built in, where Windows 7 (2008 R2 based on this kernel) does.

To change the RAID array, you need to boot to CTRL-R, highlight the controller on the VD MGMT screen, F2, Reset Config (or highlight the VD, F2, Delete VD).

My advice? Don't use RAID 0. You need more space? Get bigger drives.

No Events found!