Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Message

August 1st, 2022 01:00

User root@127.0.0.1 reboot the host

Hi 

i am new to Vmware Exsi 6.0.0, 2809209.. I've a Exsi host consists of 2 VMs (domain controller server & File Print server). However, this user root@127.0.0.1 which auto restart the vmware exsi, then it force both VMs (domain controller and file\print servers) to shutdown, but there is no auto startup for my DC and file server.  See attached and i have no idea how to disable this root@127.0.0.1 ? My dell server model is PowerEdge R320. Appreciate if you could guide me how to disable this root@127.0.0.1. Also note that we don't have any vcenter and i usually use to login as root using vSphere client Dell User root screenshot1.pngDell User root screenshot2.png

• 

631 Posts

August 1st, 2022 12:00

Paulspence138,

That is just the root account connecting from the host itself (that's why it lists the source IP as localhost - 127.0.0.1). This could have been someone using the host console, or it could have been one of the internal services. We recommend that you ensure only properly authorized people have the root password. Since this version is far past end-of-support, we also recommend you look into upgrading ESXi to a more recent supported version.

Let me know if this helps.

No Events found!