Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 15th, 2015 19:00

floppy driver boot disk

Hello. I got a PowerEdge T300 PC. I need a floppy disk with SCSI driver for  Windows  2003 installation. I have no Dell utility CD. Does somebody know a download link with this utility  ?

Thanks in advance.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

December 16th, 2015 09:00

Why are you installing 2003? It is end-of-life and obsolete.

If you must do 2003 (there really is no good reason to do this), don't use a floppy. Use nLiteOS.com to integrate the driver into your installation media.

SCSI controllers are not supported on the T300. Which controller do you have? The T300 supports the SAS 6/iR and PERC 6/i controllers.

2 Posts

December 16th, 2015 19:00

Hi,

I do not want to install W2003, I have to . Because it is the domain controller of a  school and they  don't have too much money...

A week ago, the computer did not start and I didn't know what I could do. I think there is a LSI controller in the computer. May be, this reference can help : service Tag [removed].  If it is not enought, i'll open the case ... tell me more please.
Best regards.

Patrick

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

December 16th, 2015 20:00

You can get the evaluation version of Server 2012 R2 and run it for a good 6 months, plus cheap education pricing, spread the low cost over two fiscal years, and convert the eval to a permanent license.

Anyway, assuming the 32-bit version of Windows Server 2003, here is the driver you need for the SAS 6/iR (the T300 can take one of two controllers, and both are manufactured by LSI ... your order details say you have the SAS 6):

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER95876M/4/Dell_SAS-6-iR-Adapter_A05_R198808.exe

You must download and run the file before use. After extracting, then put the files on a floppy disk or use nLiteOS.com to integrate them. You need to configure RAID in CTRL-C before installing. Even if it was already configured, I would wipe it out and do it again.

Alternatively, you can use SBUU to install, but your 2003 media MUST be R2 with SP2 (nLite can also integrate Service Packs):

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=NF1CT&fileId=2731102793&osCode=WNET&productCode=poweredge-t300&languageCode=EN&categoryId=SM

Boot to SBUU, choose OS Install, follow the configuration prompts, then insert the 2003 media when prompted.

No Events found!