Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 5th, 2016 07:00

PowerPath/VE for VMAX FX Software Package

For PowerPath/VE for VMAX FX Software package it states in the FAQ that it includes 75 licenses. The question being asked is how many sockets for these 75 hosts are included?

Thanks,

Gary Bastarache

GBS PreSales Shared Services

88 Posts

Hi Gary – these are host licenses, i.e. there is no restriction on the # of CPU sockets per host.

Bob

44 Posts

Robert, thanks for the quick response. Appreciate the help.

Gary Bastarache

GBS PreSales Shared Services

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 22nd, 2017 05:00

Hi

i heard the PP/VE licenses are able to convert to physical server license by licensing team with SR opening.

how many 75 PP/VE license can be convert to physical unix server socket license?

please let me know the fomular of converting

Thank you

Woochan Lee

APJ Presales shared service

44 Posts

February 22nd, 2017 10:00

WooChan, you would have to contact the Licensing Group for the process of converting the PP/VE licenses. You may be able to convert all of the 75 PP/VE from physical to virtual or virtual to physical servers.

From the FAQ there is no mention of an amount just states to contact the Licensing Group by opening an SR and let them know how many PowerPath virtual/physical license you would like to exchange and be sure to specify the customer's Operating system.

Gary Bastarache

Pre-Sales Support Center

88 Posts

February 22nd, 2017 12:00

Gary's answer is correct - you can exchange up to 75 PP/VE host licenses to physical Unix host licenses.

Bob Lonadier

PowerPath Product Manager

No Events found!