Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 22nd, 2017 13:00

PowerPath Viewer for Windows

Has PowerPath viewer been deprecated for Windows? If so, how do we monitor windows host with PowerPath installed? Has anyone been able to get PowerPath viewer working on windows 10?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 28th, 2017 08:00

PowerPath Viewer is EOL and is now replaced with PowerPath Virtual Appliance.

Hope this helps.

5 Posts

November 28th, 2017 08:00

And is the PowerPath Virtual Appliance compatible with Hyper-V or only with VMware? I have not seen anything for Hyper-v so far.  I saw a PowerPath Appliance for windows but it is not in a format I can use (.tbz)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 30th, 2017 12:00

Apologies that this is not good news, but the Virtual Appliance if for VMware only. I am happy to open a ticket with PowerPath development to see if there are plans for HyperV, but I would ask that you open a ticket to that effect. If you do you are welcome to ask that the Service Request be assigned to me.

5 Posts

December 11th, 2017 08:00

I did create a ticket. Let me know if you want the SR#. Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 4th, 2018 11:00

I'd like to follow up, please do send me the SR number per email please

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 12th, 2018 09:00

Hello! From all the reports that I've seen there are no plans for the PPMA to be ported to Hyper-V. There are ways using the VMware OVF tool and the Microsoft Virtual Machine converter that will allow you to convert between OVA's and VHDX's but it's a tedious process and does not guarantee that it will work and is certainly not supported.

Currently, the way to get PPMA on a Windows host is to use Docker. The new installation file for PPMA contains a TBZ for docker and instructions for deploying it can be found in this document: https://support.emc.com/docu83037_PowerPath-Management-Appliance-2.2-and-Minor-Releases-Installation-and-Configuration-G… starting on page 13.

No Events found!