Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AU

1 Message

November 30th, 2022 11:00

Incorrect certificate in VSI

We have recently started implementing a PowerStore 1000T installation onto our network and we are using VSI to integrate the storage into VMWare/VSphere.

We are running into various issues, but my current boggle is trying to get the management console certificate to work on the VSI machine.

Out of the box it comes with a self-signed dell certificate.  This obviously flags as invalid.

AdrianBuk_0-1669837560665.png

Some searching around the internet points us to the Settings > Certificiates page, however this page already has our valid vsphere certificates in it, and these are not being presented from the console.

AdrianBuk_2-1669837911069.png

So its obviously not using this certificate for the management console.

I cannot find where the self-signed dell certificate is stored / managed / replaced.

Our security policy requires that all web management should be via HTTPS and use a valid domain signed certificate so even though this doesn't really impact anyone other than admins during initial configuration it still needs to be updated.

Can any one offer any guidance on how we update this?

1 Rookie

• 

63 Posts

August 3rd, 2023 09:00

I know this is a bit late, but I hope this helps someone.

The only way I found to change the VSI appliance management UI certificate was to update the  iapi_cert.pem &  iapi_key.pem files in the docker container.

I can't upload a .pdf here, so I have linked to the doc I created that describes the process I use.

Github - Dell Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI) - How to Install an Enterprise CA Signed Certificate for the Management UI - v0.1.pdf 

Hope it helps.

M

Edit: 29-09-2023 - Amended link to .PDF 

(edited)

No Events found!