Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2017 05:00

Cannot upgrade the Firmware HDD Bypassed

We've got the MD3200 with 1,8TB Disks. slot 3 Disk has failed and then right away another one, that was configured as SPARE in slot 2. All Disks are in one disks' group and configured as RAID6. I've replaced the first one then unassigned the failed SPARE and replaced it as well. Both HDDs have however old Firmware (STATE: incompatible). While trying to upgrade the firmare I'm getting the Error 249 - "The physical disk firmware download operation failed because one or more of the physical disks you selected has a Bypassed or Offline status and is inaccessible. Please make sure the physical disks you selected do not have a status of Bypassed or Offline, and then retry the operation." How to remove the HDDs from that state?

Thank You in advance!

• 

6.9K Posts

November 7th, 2017 12:00

Hello tomasz.krzyzowski,

The replacement drives that you inserted into your MD3200 did they have a dell part# on them? In most cases that I have seen as long as the drive is compatible with your MD3200 it will bring it online. When you unassigned your hotspare drive had it completed rebuilding to the first drive that you had replaced?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

November 8th, 2017 00:00

no, there was no DELL part#, just bought the same Model in online shop (SEAGATE in this case); just called yesterday with DELL Partner and it occurred that was the problem: even the model is the same, the replacement should be purchased via some partner (FM version an so on).

The unassigning of SPARE didn't change the fact, that the 1st HDD was in "BYPASS" modus..I've tried to update the Firmware but couldn't find the way to do it.

• 

6.9K Posts

November 8th, 2017 08:00

Hello tomasz.krzyzowski,

Can I get you to gather a support bundle from your MD3200 so that I can review it to see what is going on with that bypassed disk? I will send you an email that you can reply back with the support log.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!