July 29th, 2002 15:00

ABORT: 19235, Decompression error -5

I tried to reinstall the OS on a 715N and after reboot I get:

NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart

I scrolled up on my HyperTerminal window and I saw the following error:

ABORT: 19235, Decompression error -5
Rebooting Appliance

So it looks like the reinstall failed. I did the "Using a Windows 2000 Client on the Same Network" method and it seemed to work. The Decompression error must occur while it is pulling the OS image off the Reinstallation CD.

Any suggestions?

Also, I've already swapped out drives 0 & 2, and 1 & 3. That didn't work.

Thanks,

Willie

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2002 18:00

What is the year date on your reinstall cd.

Almost sounds like you dont have the image on the hard drives or something messed up with the rebuild script.

Start off clean by putting the drives in another machine and fdisking them.

Retry the reinstallation procedure.

If you would like further into please put more information about the steps leading upto this error.

Have a good one.

1 Message

November 11th, 2002 11:00

I have had exactly the same error, with and without compression, and I'm still looking for a solution.

Our conclusion is that this error occurs only when we use Ghost and send an image from our Dell Poweredge with intel NIC to an Optiplex or Lattitude client with a 3com NIC. We have no problem when the client is a Compaq machine with (more relevant) an Intel NIC. Hence, it looks like an incompatibility between Intel and 3Com NICs in case of imaging with Ghost.

This problem has also been reported 2 years earlier for another Intel NIC, another ghost, 5.1, and another 3Com NIC on the Dell client.

Maybe Dell knows the solution? Configuration of the Intel NIC (Intel Pro PCI-x 10/100/1000 Copper Giga Bit NIC) of the PowerEdge server??

November 24th, 2003 22:00

Edit the

WATTCP.CFG

from your ghost boot disk and add the line

receive_mode = 6

This should resolve your issue

No Events found!