Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 12th, 2006 15:00

AX100 Password

Hi All. I was wondering in anyone knows how to reset the administrator password on an AX100? I am not sure what the default username is and the person who was in charge of the SAN has left without letting us know the password. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1.2K Posts

June 12th, 2006 16:00

Power off the AX100, then hold the power button for approximately 4 seconds until the unit powers back on (this will reset the AX100 configuration).

run the initialisation utility and follow the steps

2 Posts

June 12th, 2006 17:00

I have valid data on it that I can not lose. Will this harm or delete any of the data or the RAID sets that are on there?

96 Posts

June 12th, 2006 18:00

The procedure mentioned by tommo666 will not destroy your data or your configuration.  It will only reset the admin username and password.  Once the array fully boots, you will run the Navisphere Storage System Initialization Wizard and reset the admin username and password. 

Since you probably don't know what software revision the array is at, I'd recommend that you login to the AX100 support site and download the latest version of the Initialization Wizard, The reasoning is, if the array has every been upgraded, the version that shipped on the CD will not work.

Dell's AX100 support site:  http://www.emc.com/dell-ax100support

Message Edited by JTGlenn on 06-12-200602:23 PM

1.2K Posts

June 12th, 2006 20:00

One thing to bear in mind, the username/password are stored locally and have nothing to do with your domain. so whatever you use remeber as it won't follow any policies you have in place
No Events found!