Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

March 10th, 2004 15:00

Backup Exec 9.1 - PVT132T Media Problem

The majority of the media in my 132T is being displayed as 'unknown media', I think this is due to the fact that I accessed this media using the ntmsmgr.msc snap in prior to installing Backup Exec. 

I have tried to resolve this problem by following steps in veritas document http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258269.htm but this does not solve my problem.

The manual tells me I need to perform an overwrite operation on this media to get Backup Exec to be able to recognise it but hoe can I do this as whenever I try to erase, label or inventory it I receive 'Label Library 0001 -- The job failed with the following error: Library error - incompatible storage media detected in robotic library.'

Any ideas how I can solve this ??

Regards

1 Message

March 24th, 2004 05:00

Try disabling the barcode scanner in the PVT132T and in backupexec then rerun your jobs.

4 Posts

April 6th, 2004 20:00

Hi,

I have got today exactly the same problem.  Found the article on Veritas website too, but up to now, I did not found a solution.

I have a PV132T with one LTO2 tape drive.  I use Fujifilm LTO2 tapes. 

Does anyone of you know how to configure this drive in BE9.1.  I have to create the barcode rules for this tape but the correct media type is not listed.  I only see LTO(5) up to LTO(24), LTO-10, LTO-30, LTO-50, LTO-100.

My barcode labels are like this 000001L2.  On the PV132T you have three options for the barcode scanner, default (first 6 chars), media-ID or extended.  Which one I shoul configure

Neither Veritas or Dell could answer my question

Thanks for your reply

4 Posts

April 13th, 2004 10:00

Hi,

After several hours, I found the problem why my PV132T and BE 9.1 refuses to use my LTO-2 tapes.

I have enabled the barcode scanner on the PV132T and removed the checkmark to use barcode rules in BE 9.1.

The tapes are found now and indentified as "blank media".  It seems there is something wrong with the barcode labels.  The BE 9.1 does not recognize the labels as LTO-1 or LTO-2 tapes.  I will send one of those labels to Dell to verify the label. 

But the backups are running now, and as I only have one LTO drive in the PV132T drive, I do not really need the barcode rules of BE 9.1.

Best regards,

Steven Verstraeten

3 Posts

April 26th, 2004 18:00

Rhino,

Thanks for posting this answer. I ran into the same exact problem. I already had barcode rules turned OFF, so the Veritas article didn't help. I use my barcode reader in extended mode and was trying to label my April monthly tapes as APRIL1-APRIL4. It succeeded on everything but APRIL2 which was giving this error. The job was erroring out without even loading the tape. I assume this was because it was thinking it was an LTO2 tape even though there was no rule and rules weren't enabled anyway. By turning off the barcode reader on the PV132T and re-importing the tape, I was able to get it labelled successfully. After I got it labeled, I turned the reader back on, and tried labelling again, and it seems to work now. Odd. Once again, thanks for your post.

No Events found!