Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

P

2 Posts

March 29th, 2023 13:00

Change connection from SAS to Iscsi

I have an ME4014 that has about 40tb of storage that is attached to an older poweredge server directly using a PERC H700. I would like to move this over to a new host using iScsi and am not sure how to proceed. There is currently a 140 TB Volume allocated for backups that is connected via iScsi, how would I identify the directly attached storage and make it available that way as well?Capture.JPG

• 

3.4K Posts

March 29th, 2023 19:00

Hi @pglo,

Is there a typo? Do you have ME4012 or ME4024 instead of ME4014?

I'm unsure of your ME supported data protocol, are you having 2 ME4 or just 1 unit? The ME4 usually only have 1 protocol, either iSCSI or SAS, but would not have 2. Ref: https://dell.to/3nwPq8c

Also, could you elaborate what was your question, as I'm unable to understand your outcome. 

2 Posts

March 30th, 2023 05:00

That is a typo, I have a single ME4012 that has a host that is directly attached via sas and also several other hosts attached by iscsi. My goal is to get rid of the host that  is directly attached but retain the data contained in the partition it is connected to. I've identified the storage that is connected via iscsi however it is not obvious in the management console where storage that is directly attached is located.

My desired outcome would be to convert the directly attached storage to an iscsi target and connect to it that way.

• 

3.4K Posts

March 30th, 2023 18:00

Hi @pglo,

Unfortunately, I'm unable to identify which product you're having. ME4012 do not have 2 data protocol controllers. It does not have SAS and iSCSI ports together. 

My goal is to get rid of the host that  is directly attached but retain the data contained in the partition it is connected to. I've identified the storage that is connected via iscsi however it is not obvious in the management console where storage that is directly attached is located.

To my opinion, I don't think it is possible to retain the SAS array volume and convert it to iSCSI volume. 

No Events found!