Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

10 Posts

May 4th, 2018 08:00

Dell MD3200i MPIO Device not showing after installation Server 2016

After installing MDSS Host software on Server 2016, I can ping the iSCSI ports but the Configuration Utility does not detect nor can manually connect to the MD3200i Array.  

The only variable that is different from a working installation on Server 2012r2 is that the MD3200i Device Hardware ID is not listed in the MPIO Properties within the Server OS.  

If I recall, the Hardware ID showed up automatically following the MDSS Host software installation, are there any known compatibility issues with the MD3200i on Server 2016 running MDSS 6.5.0.1?

• 

6.9K Posts

May 4th, 2018 09:00

Hello houlihas,

What is the current version of firmware that you are running on your MD3200i?  Also, did you install the MPIO drives from the Resource DVD or did you use native MPIO drivers from windows?  An MD3200i will work when using server 2016. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

10 Posts

May 4th, 2018 12:00

Thanks for the quick reply!

Current MD3200i Firmware: 08.20.24.60

MPIO Drives:  Native OS MPIO, (not sure I understand how to install MPIO from the Resource DVD)

• 

6.9K Posts

May 4th, 2018 13:00

Hello houlihas,

Here is the link to the resource DVD. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=R9G1X  Once you have it downloaded there is a folder in the file that says MPIO driver. You will need to install the one for windows 2016.  On a server running Microsoft Windows Server 2016, the Microsoft MPIO driver needs to be installed prior to installing the Module Disk Storage Manager (MDSM) located on the Resource DVD available on Dell.com/support. Failure to do so will require MDSM to be installed a second time.

10 Posts

May 7th, 2018 10:00

I was able to get the MPIO driver to load, but only using the native Windows Server 2016 MPIO feature installation, and I did have to completely uninstall MDSS before reinstalling it to get it to work. 

There is no MPIO folder in the DELL_MDSS_Consolidated_RDVD_6_5_0_1 file.   

Another question I have, is there any log to check for the Modular Disk Configuration Utility?

Again, I can ping the iSCSI port IP's, but the utility will not connect to the array, neither automatically or manually.  Need more info on why, nothing in event viewer.

• 

6.9K Posts

May 7th, 2018 11:00

Hello houlihas,

Have you configured the management ports of your MD3200i controllers, or are you using in-band management with your MD3200i? If you have the management ports configured, then you should be able to use MDSM and connect to the management ports and finish configuring your iSCSI ports as well as your virtual disk and host groups.

No Events found!