Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2005 18:00

Failed Disk can't rebuild mirror on 725n?

I have a 725n was NIB with a bad disk (Disk 1). I swapped in a new disk and wrote signature to it. Broke old C: mirror, but it won't allow me to mirror the C: to the new disk. If I click on the C: and "add mirror" it won't allow me to pick 'Disk 1' as an option of where to put the new mirror. It says Dsik1 is Healthy Dynamic Disk etc.

1.2K Posts

December 6th, 2005 20:00

log on to the NAS from a workstation using it's ip address, log in as admin. On the start page select administrative tasks and look for disk mangement. in there select volumes. If things are correct there should be an option to repair volumes. Select this and the nas will rebuild the disk(both partitions). If not you may have to fail the disk by shutting down, pulling it. reboot, then shutdwon, reseat and try again.

If you dont get this option, you will have to go the array manager route. http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/stor%2Dsys/spv725n/en/ag/index.htm
this is a good guide. 

21 Posts

December 7th, 2005 10:00

No option to repair.. There is on raid 5 set, which is no big deal, there was no data on it. Just a C: (not redundant) on disk 0, disk 1 is blank. Disk 2 & 3 have a mirriored D:. If I click on c: and ask it to make a new mirror disk 1 is not an option, only 2 & 3.
No Events found!