Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2009 16:00

Firmware update failure in MD3000i

Hello everybody.

I updated the firmware in an MD3000i Storage array (from 06.X to 07.X), but something failed and now I can't use the storage array (see details below). Is there a way to reset the firmware to the original one?

I used the "MD Firmware Cross Generation Update Utility", but due to a bug of this tool when used in Windows in Spanish, I had to apply the firmware with the following command line:

\> smcli X.X.X.X Y.Y.Y.Y -c "activate storageArray firmware;" -p MyPassword

The "smcli" command failed after some minutes.

After that, one of the controllers resets continuously. I removed the failed controller and the other one shows a "Battery Missing" error in the Storage Manager Status area.

I tried to re-aply the firmware with no success. The "MD Firmware Cross Generation Update Utility" tells me there is an error in the array controller (the error message does not say anything about the cause of the error) and does not allow me to upload a new firmware file. The Storage Manager does not allow me to choose a 07.X firmware file.

Regards,

Marcos

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

August 16th, 2009 14:00

I would suggest you create case with Powervault support in your country/area. This won't be an easy fix.

No Events found!