Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

January 19th, 2002 17:00

I want a SAN for Christmas

After spending 6 hours trying to get our DELL SAN working again, I at a complete loss. After restarting the SAN master, all servers attached by QL2200's, the 51F Switch, the 35F Bridge and the DELL130T library all in what I am informed is the correct order I still have problems after installing Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 on Win2kAdvancedServer.

I now have an errant service SANAGNT.EXE hogging between 90 - 100% of my CPU. What is this How do I KILL IT, and then re-insall?

The network protocol stack has become corrupted and I cant seem to uninstall PROSet for my 4 Intel Dual Port NIC's.

I am using the latest QLogic drivers, BIOS updates, Raid controller updates and assumed firware for the different pieces of kit involved.

At first I think this hardware problem as the Storage Processors for the 650F & 630F have been giving amber lights and I have been loosing sight of disks on the SAN from all servers.

Eventually managed to get SANmaster up (well, It takes 5 minutes for every click in Windows as this SANAGNT.EXE is killing the processor!) However I need network back and I cant get rid of PROSet completely and reinstall without getting errors. Due to this I cant run Storage Administration consolidation management to Regenerate the LUN assignments.

WHAT A MESS!

Anybody have any ideas??

any Help SERIOUSLY Appreciated.

1 Message

December 9th, 2003 11:00

Any resolution on this?  I am having the same problem, but I found that it is the "CA San Topology Service" that is creating the "sanagnt.exe" process.

We are on ARCserve 2000 Storage Area Network Option v7.0, is there a patch?

1 Message

November 27th, 2014 07:00

ohh very sad . Merry christmas wishes

No Events found!