Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2017 16:00

Individual Disk Degraded Path path on MD3000

The other day my MD3000 came up with this error as well as Degraded Physical Disk Channel.  Looking at the event log the reason is it reached a certain threshold for errors. I looked and over about 30 minutes the other day there were 50 timeout errors like below. They were all on disk 2. Everything is optimal currently. The type of drive is ST31000424SS  with the following firmware level  KS6B  

"Timeout on physical disk side of RAID controller module"

Just wondering if I should fail the drive somehow, I'd have to look back and see, then replace it. Or just run a command to clear the error.  The total number of timeouts on that RAID channel is 

EDIT: I ran the following commands to clear the stats and I ran the optimal on the first disk channel even though it was optimal. The results were that only one of the two errors I had in Recovery Guru were cleared. The "Degraded Physical Disk Channel" error was cleared.  The one in the time of this post still remains. Nothing shows as having a problem in any of the tabs. Everything fine. I saw one post where a guy had to reboot the MD3000. Haven't dont that in a long time. Is that what I have to do ?

smcli -n -p password -c "clear allPhysicalDiskChannels stats;"

smcli -n -p password -c "set physicalDiskChannel [1] status=optimal;"

smcli -n -p password -c "set physicalDiskChannel [2] status=optimal;"

• 

8.5K Posts

November 27th, 2017 12:00

Hi,

Rebooting and making sure that the controller and drive firmware is up to date would be a good first step, if you continue to have errors with that drive it may need to be replaced. 

No Events found!