Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2013 04:00

MD1000 Redundant Path not working

I have two Dell servers both with an MD1000 attached to them via PERC 6/E Controllers. One of them set up their storage as a redundant path and the other did not.

How do I force the one that has not set up correctly to use redundant paths ?

Thanks

• 

7.1K Posts

June 14th, 2013 12:00

Hello JasonP76,

Here is a link to our Hardware guide.  ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_powervault/powervault-md1000_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf if you look on page 16 at Figure 1-7 need to make sure that the button on the EMM is set to unified mode & not set to split mode.  If it is set to split mode then you can change it to unified mode & you can do that by following the steps on page 24 under Changing Your Enclosure’s Operating Mode.     

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

June 14th, 2013 14:00

Be sure that the PERC6E is up to date on its firmware. If memory serves, only since the 6.1 firmware does the PERC6E support redundant connections to the MD1000.

Also; to use redundant connections the MD1000 needs to be in unified mode (slider switch). Changing this doesn't take affect till you powercycle the MD1000.

2 Posts

June 17th, 2013 03:00

Thanks Sam.

Will take a look at that tomorrow.

If I flick the switch on it will I lose all the data that is on the array ? Or will the controllers just find the Virtual Disk and all the Disks now off one controller ?

No Events found!