Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 21st, 2010 13:00

MD3000i Host Change

I have a MD3000i with one controller attached to a Windows Server 2003 machine through an iSCSI connection and want to move the hosting service to a new Windows 2008R2 server. Any tips?

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2010 07:00

Configure the 2nd (new) server to connect to the SAN (install at least the host software from the resource cd and reboot, but could just do a typical install). Once rebooted, make the iSCSI connections, and do the automatic host configuration. After this you shut down the 'old' server (safest when you take the disk away from a server (to give it to the other server), select the modify tab and look for the option to modify the disk mappings. In there you select the disk and assign it to the new server. After that is done, you can power up the old server again (if needed) and on the new server you go to the device manager, right click anywhere and select to scan for hardware changes. Once that's done, go to disk management and you should see the disk. The only thing you may need to do is assign or change the drive letter.

No Events found!