Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

February 24th, 2016 05:00

MD3060e

Hi

I have a PowerVault MD3060e and although not stated if an external raid controller like a H800, H810 or H830 is supported by the unit I am able to see all the drives and create virtual disks but when I look in open manage and navigate to storage I notice I have an red cross on connector 1 relating to an unknown backplane.  Connector 1 is fine and I am able to view the physical disks in the MD unit.

I have tested both controllers are performing correctly and I am able to load balance and when I fail over the controllers I still have full access to the virtual disks.

Can anyone offer any advice on how I can correct the connector 0 error

Regards

Dave

• 

7.1K Posts

February 26th, 2016 12:00

Hello Dave,

With the MD3060e there are two different HBA’s that are supported the LSI 9207-8e, & Dell 12Gbps SAS HBA. Here is a link to the support matrix & the supported HBA’s are on page 8. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_powervault/powervault-md3060e_reference%20guide_en-us.pdf

Now with that being said you can see the drive and can access them using the PERC controllers. What I would try is to maybe update you controllers bios & or the drivers & see if it has any change. If it doesn’t have any change then it would be up to you as to if you want to change Cards to one of the supported cards or keep using one of the PERC cards.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

1 Message

December 28th, 2016 07:00

Hi , with using the LSI 9207-8e, & Dell 12Gbps SAS HBA how do I configure the RAID ? As if not mistaken both card as pass-thru SAS HBA Card only. 

Thanks

Regards

Khalil

• 

7.1K Posts

January 4th, 2017 09:00

Hello Khalil,

You would configure your MD3060e via CLI. What is the OS that is installed on the host?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!