Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

November 16th, 2018 01:00

MD3200 Hot Spare Missing

Hi,

I've got an odd problem where the array believes that the hot spare is missing but from what I can see the actual drive is part of a disk group.  Can I go through a remove of the hot spare process, will this leave the drive group intact?

disk group.JPGhardware.JPGhotspare.JPG

Thanks

Mark

• 

7.1K Posts

November 19th, 2018 11:00

Hello Mark,

Based on the screen shots that you have provided you are not showing as having any hot spare drives.  The best way to confirm this is to look at a support bundle to confirm that all drives are currently part of a disk group & virtual disk.    

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

November 20th, 2018 00:00

Hi Sam,

Thanks for responding, can you help me with why the slot 9 drive has a caution?  Is there anyway I can get to a happy green status on the storage unit?

Thanks

Mark

• 

7.1K Posts

November 20th, 2018 07:00

Hello Mark,

I sent you a private message so that you can send me your support bundle so that I can review it.  By looking at your support bundle I can see what is going on with disk in slot 9.

November 22nd, 2018 01:00

Thanks Sam, I did look but didn't see a private message?

Thanks

Mark

• 

7.1K Posts

November 22nd, 2018 08:00

Hello Mark,

I sent you an email.

• 

7.1K Posts

November 23rd, 2018 09:00

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the support bundle.  The drive in slot9 is in use and is not a hot spare drive.  At one time it looks to have been a hot spare drive, but it is no longer as it is assigned to your Tier2 disk group and in use.  What you can do is to either get an expansion enclosure or get lager drives to add more space to your MD3200.

No Events found!