Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2016 20:00

MD3200 Reset to Factory Default

Have a MD3200.  Note, this is NOT the MD3200i.  Just the MD3200.

Booting up one of the controllers says error threshold exceeded.  Client_Corrupt_DB_Detected_On_Alt.

The other controller says Warning this controller is locked down due to detected corruption in the primary database.

All the drives in this unit are new.  I have no data that needs to be recovered.  How do I reset this device to factor defaults so I may set it up with my R710's for a new 2012 R2 Hyper-V cluster?

Note:  I am able to see the devices via Putty as I have the serial cable.

Note:  Again, there is no data to be backed up.  I'm all set there.  It's ok for any operation to be destructive to data.  The data has already been moved.

JamesNT

• 

7.1K Posts

February 5th, 2016 06:00

Hello JamesNT,

The easiest way to reset your MD3200 is to do a sysWipe on your MD3200.  Now normally you would need to call in to get that done under warranty.  Now if the MD3200 is not under warranty then what you can do is if you were to do a web search for MD3200 sysWipe you can find the instructions on how to perform a sysWipe.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

17 Posts

February 5th, 2016 10:00

Hey Sam,

Good to see you around again.

The MD3200 is no longer under warranty.  Do you have a preferred website that has instructions on sysWipe?  All the ones I have seen thus far, what few I have seen, don't appear to be comprehensive or safe.  

Keep in mind that via the console cable, I do not get a log on prompt.  Pressing CNTRL + PAUSE then doing Shift + S gets me nothing.  

James

17 Posts

February 10th, 2016 05:00

I ended up calling Dell Support and paying for the support call.  While Dell Support itself is awesome, I find it very discouraging that they will not give out the ShellUsr password to a device that, brand new, costs more than the down payment of most cars or the price of some new Harley Davidson motorcycles.  One would think that all that stuff, including how to get the device out of lockdown, would be thoroughly documented.  But, it isn't.

JamesNT

February 10th, 2023 17:00

shellUsr
passw:

3 Apprentice

• 

458 Posts

February 15th, 2023 03:00

well, the system locked the controller due to an issue, and for its safety its an automated process in MD boxes, you need to remove one controller and try if there is a reset button there...Hope this help and don't waste your precious time

No Events found!