Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2005 13:00

PV200s PERC2QC and U320 disks config

Will the following config cause problems ?

PERC2QC - PV200s on channels 1 & 2
U160 & U320 disks on same channel.

It's been working for a long time but getting more consistancy checks as disks are added to the array.

We also get  "Temperature probe 0 failed" intermittently on channel 2 causing the server to shutdown. I know that the physical probe is on the primary EMM and this is a loss of signal. I've reseated the EMM and replaced the scsi cable. It then moved to channel 1. The PERC2QC is the common factor but I don't want to replace that until the disks config issue is resolved.

Col.

107 Posts

September 1st, 2005 02:00

The added drives will only  be operated at U80 speeds, as that is the maximum speed of the PERC2QC RAID card.

You did not state which interface card is in the PV200S.  If you have SMM's then there needs to be a terminator card or physical terminator on the SMM in the other slot.  

Also you could well be dealing with a cable problem.  Look at your Array Manager logs to see if there are any SCSI sense key=0B, code=47 logged errors that would indicate a cable or termination issue.

30 Posts

September 1st, 2005 07:00

The basic config has not changed for two years but this started when the disks were replaced.

The Temp probe issue has now gone away since I replaced the scsi cable.

Thanks for the response.
No Events found!