Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 26th, 2017 20:00

PowerEdge R530 PowerVault MD1200 (PERC H800)

Hi,

we installed a PowerVault MD1200 (PERC H800) in PowerEdge R530. The controller is normally found but the error bellow is showed on startup. Is that any problem? How could we solve this problem?

------------------------------------------

LSI EFI SAS Driver:

Unhealthy status reported by this UEFI driver without specific error message(s).

UEFI0116: One or more boot drivers have reported issue(s).

Check the Driver Health Menu in boot manager for details.

• 

7.1K Posts

July 27th, 2017 10:00

Hello cberni,

In a 13g server you need to PERC H810. Here is a link to the Support matrix, & if you look on page 8 it states the controller that is support in 13g servers is a PERC H810. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/md1200_md1220_supportmatrix_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

July 30th, 2017 21:00

The H800 should work just fine. See if you can enter the menu of the PERC.

I ran into a similar type message due to an improper shutdown that messed with a 5-drive raid 6 in my Dell T630.

If it asks for some input, just type something in (e.g. 'ok'), then click the bottom right button. Now you'll see a similar screen again, and press enter again.

At this point however, you may be able to enter the PERC bios/configuration. Now see if you can see if the PERC has a configuration that it is missing drives for (whoever you got the PERC H800 from may not have cleared the configuration stored on the PERC before mailing/giving it to you). If it indeed is looking for drives, see if you can clear the configuration. It is important to note which PERC you are clearing the configuration for, as clearing the config of your pre-existing PERC (that probably handles the boot drives and such), could cause you to lose data.

3 Posts

August 15th, 2017 23:00

Hi All,

I am also getting the same issue with an R730XD with a PERC H810 installed connected to an MD1200. Initially the R730XD picked up the H810 card fine and operated normally. However over a period of time the server rebooted with this message on the screen.

I cannot get into the Lifecycle Controller and when i press "any" key it just goes to a black screen. Any advice on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

• 

7.1K Posts

August 18th, 2017 07:00

Hello andrewvsp,

Are you able to access the PERC bios before you get the message? What is the current bios version that you are running on your R730XD?

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2017 18:00

Hi DELL-SAM L,

Unfortunately I am unable to access anything before that page.

Can't press CTRL + R to get into the BIOS.

• 

7.1K Posts

August 25th, 2017 08:00

Hello andrewvsp,

Which slot is your PERC H810 plugged into?

3 Posts

August 28th, 2017 17:00

Hi DELL-SAM L,

Riser 2, Slot 5 (CPU 1)

No Events found!