Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

April 20th, 2009 03:00

PowerVault T114T and Dell PE 2950 Windows 2003 R2 64 Bit driver issue

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of setting up a new facility with a Dell PowerEdge 2950 server running Windows 2003 R2 64 Bit that is attached with via 2 separate SCSI PCI-E cards to a PowerVault 114T with Dual LTO3 tape drives.

Upon installation of the OS, I noticed that the tape drives appear as "IBM Ultrium-TD3 SCSI Sequential Devices" under "Other" in Device Manager. I've tried updating the drivers from Dell's website (using the LTO 3 Quantum drivers) but nothing has worked. Is this an issue at all? I will be using Symantec Backup Exec as the backup software.

I'll try Googling a driver but I wanted to ask the experts first.

Thanks for your time,

-H

3 Posts

April 20th, 2009 03:00

Hi All,

Just a quick update. I downloaded the PowerVault 110T LTO-3 (file name R97945) and Windows was able to pick up the drivers with no problems.

Hope this helps someone out there!

-H

2 Posts

April 20th, 2009 04:00

Hi ,

if you are going to use Symantec Backup Exec DO NOT use the Dell drivers for the LTO and the library. Instead use the ones that Symantec provides.

This way you will avoid many problems with Symantec Backup Exec. I assume you have the latest version (12.5) go to Tools > Wizards> Device configuration wizard from there you can install the drivers provided by Symantec

I hope this will help

3 Posts

April 20th, 2009 04:00

Angeloscha,

Thank you for the tip. I will wait then to use the Symantec drivers with the latest version.

Many thanks

-H

No Events found!