FC-AL Loop ID    Manual
   Speed    Automatic
Port B    Disabled

What to do, how to fix?

• 

6.9K Posts

January 25th, 2016 13:00

Hello QWARTA,

So based on the error that you are getting there is an issue with the drive. What you need to do is to pull the drive out the back of your TL2000 and ensure that there is not any media stuck in the drive on or on the floor of the TL2000. If there is no media blocking the drive then what I would do is to upgrade the firmware to the latest version for both the library & the drive. If you are still getting the error after the firmware upgrade then the issue is going to be with your drive and your LTO4 drive will need to be replaced. Here is a link to the firmware just in case u need it. https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=84W7J&fileId=3491207952&osCode=WNT5&productCode=powervault-tl2000&languageCode=EN&categoryId=TA

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

4 Posts

May 4th, 2018 11:00

I have the same issue but my unit is a tl4000.  Can I do the same on my unit as the 2000?  also do I need to power this unit down first?

• 

6.9K Posts

May 4th, 2018 12:00

Hello reub24,

Yes, you can follow the same steps as listed above as the work for both a TL2000/ TL4000.  It is best to power it down when removing the drives & looking into the system.

4 Posts

May 4th, 2018 17:00

I still the same errors and now the next step is to try updating the firmware? This all started after the we got a notification to clean the tape drives but the account was locked out. I had to do a restore to reset the password to default. After i was able to log in i started to get these errors.

• 

6.9K Posts

May 7th, 2018 07:00

Hello reub24,

I would try to do the firmware update. If you are still getting the errors then will need to get a drive dump log from your tape drive as well as a Service Dump log from your TL4000, so that we can see what is going on.

4 Posts

May 7th, 2018 08:00

Thanks for all you help Sam. I really do appreciate it. I upgraded the Library firmware to D.70. I tried to upgrade the drive to LT04 FH sas but i get the error," Error durning firmware upgrade IR: invalid personality!" I dont see any drive logs but i have library logs. How can i send them to you?

• 

6.9K Posts

May 7th, 2018 09:00

Hello reub24,

If you login to the web utility, you will go to the Service Library menu.  In the Service Library Menu, you should see Save Drive Dump.   You will need to select the drive and it will pull the drive log, & ask you where you want to save the log.  I will send you an email that you can reply with the logs.

• 

6.9K Posts

May 7th, 2018 10:00

Hello reub24,

Thanks for providing a drive dump log for your TL4000.  So, looking at the log I can see that your drive is requesting to be cleaned.  Your read & write heads are dirty and in need of cleaning.  That is the only error that is listed in the log so I would try to clean your drive about 2 times then try to run a backup again to see if you are still getting the error. 

June 5th, 2018 07:00

Hi;

I have the same issue in my powervault. I updated the firmware, but it did not solve my problem. Could you help me?

June 5th, 2018 08:00

When does updating firmware really fix anything.

error 5 isnt a good sign generally, can be pcb issues, electrical.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/STCMML8/com.ibm.storage.ts3500.doc/opg_3584_a69m4bfs0.html

• 

6.9K Posts

June 5th, 2018 09:00

Hello Nilson Azevedo,

To see what is going on with your drive in your TL2000 we will need to look at a drive dump log as well as the service dump log.  If you login to the web utility for your TL2000 & go to the Service Library menu, then select Save Drive Dump.   You will have an option of where to save the log on your local machine.  I will send you an email so that you can send me the log.  Also, if you can provide me a service dump log as well. To get the service dump you go to the view logs tab. You should show a button that says Save Service Dump. If you don’t have that button then select the view button, & then the Save Service Dump should show.

No Events found!