Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 22nd, 2014 16:00

RAID FAILED HDD POWERVAULTMD1000 Replace/Rebuild [08/22/2014]

Hello DELL and other techs,

I've installed DELL OMSA to Powervault MD1000. I've hot-swapped the drive. It's showing on LED lights the following:

1 Green SOLID

1 Flashing Amber light

In the OMSA, it doesn't show the disk anywhere and I want to rebuild the failed drive. Before it showed up as FAILED. I pulled it out and now after waiting 15 seconds it hasn't rebuilt the HDD or showing up in OMSA.

Can anyone give suggestions on procedures to fix? I did this on another server before with RAID5 and the new drive showed up as foreign configuration, I cleared it and assigned "hot spare' to fix.

Ideas? Thoughts? Help?

Thanks,

-Hiphoptech

77 Posts

August 22nd, 2014 16:00

Here is a picture of the problematic drive:

http://tinypic.com/r/10ws19t/8

Please advise! Thanks again!!!

-Hiphoptech

• 

6.9K Posts

August 25th, 2014 08:00

Hello Hiphoptech,

The drive that you replaced in the MD was it a dell certified drive with a dell part# on it or was the drive just matched by the manufacturing model#?  Also how fast is the amber light blinking?  Once thing that you can also try is to remove the drive & wait about 2 minutes then reinsert it & see if it shows up.  I have seen in some cases that the drive needs to be out of the system for about 1-2 minutes then inserted & it will show up in the MD1000.  

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

77 Posts

August 25th, 2014 08:00

Hi Sam,

I will check on the questions asked and revert once ready with more details regarding issue. Thank you for the tip to reset the HDD and make it show up as visible in OMSA. Person I'm working with didn't see such and didn't feel comfortable as it didn't show up when re-inserted into problem slot.

Thank you,

-Hiphoptech

No Events found!