Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2015 09:00

RD1000 Issue

I have a RD1000 that I've been using with Backup Exec on a Windows 2008 server for several years.  I lost one of my disks and purchased a new disk.  However, each time I insert this NEW disk, it prompts me to format it.  It will backup successfully, but each week I use it, I have to format it.  Any idea as to why that would be?

• 

7.1K Posts

July 1st, 2015 11:00

Hello TBone1985,

When you are formatting it are you using windows to format the cartridge or Backup Exec?  Also what you can try is to drag some files via windows to the cartridge and then eject the cartridge & reinsert it again & see if you can view the files.  You can also do a format of the cartridge in windows & then do a format in Backup Exec & eject the cartridge and then reinsert it again & see if you get the format message again.  If you get the format message still after trying all that then the issue is going to be with that cartridge & will need to be replaced as it is not holding any settings and data.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

July 1st, 2015 12:00

I'll try these things.  We've tested with multiple new disks so it's probably not the disk.  We've been formatting with Windows and NOT BE.  We'll try both and reply.

No Events found!