Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2013 08:00

SAS/SATA disk firmware: where's the .iso?

I have a copy of version A43 of the Dell SAS/SATA Hard Disk firmware update utility, which was new in March of 2013, i see that A47 has just been released, but it doesn't seem to have any .iso included with it, and says that only windows operating systems are supported.  What happened to having a .iso included, and just booting to the CD, running all the updates, and THEN worrying about which OS you're on? i'm running CentOS, based on Red Hat Linux, and i can't get to the latest and greatest firmware.  Updating disks attached to an MD1000, direct-attached to a PERC6/E.

I get that burning CD's is very 2004, but some of us still definitely prefer it to needing to install a windows OS in order to accomplish such a simple task as updating disk firmware.

Anyone with info, please spill it here!

1 Rookie

• 

205 Posts

November 11th, 2013 09:00

Um...nevermind...It looks like A47 still supports the .iso creation, you just have to unzip everything first and run the dddp.exe file.  This launches a media creation utility, from which you can just pick ".iso"

685 Posts

November 11th, 2013 09:00

The exe is the only file we have available for the new HDD firmware update. However what you can do would be run the EXE on a windows box and then make the iso. Then you can take the ISO over to your host running CentOS. Let me know if there is anything else that you need.

No Events found!