Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2011 06:00

Temperature Probe Failed on PV220s

Can anyone assist.

I have a PV 220s and I've got two amber lights on the front.  When I look in the Array Manager it states that all the temperature probes are in a failed state.  Yet, all of them are reading 25 degrees C.  Surely if they had failed I would get no reading at all and the device would power down.

Anyone have an idea on how I go about resolving this?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 20th, 2011 09:00

I am sorry for the issues, my advise at this point since the issue persisted after a reboot would be to verify you are running the latest firmware.  What is the status LED on your EMM?

7 Posts

I've checked the cooling modules and fans and they are fine.

As I said, the readings on the probe is 5 degrees, no where near the 50 degree failure point.

I've attached a screenshot.

I've tried power cycling the device, but the failure persists.

7 Posts

Oh and I meant the reading is 25 degrees, my keyboard is playing up.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

The "Over-temperature" LED  indicates an over temperature condition has occurred. Automatic shut down when the temp inside exceeds 55°C [131°F].  Array Manager will automatically shut down at 50°C [122°F].  Have you checked the cooling modules to ensure they are fine and isolated to probe? Is the PV running the latest firmware?  Might have just been a glitch, but anytime amber lights are present, there is no reason to ignore the issue.  

Can the unit be power cycled to verify if issues persists as well?

7 Posts

Link to the screenshot:

imageshack.us/.../unledqnf.jpg

7 Posts

October 26th, 2011 08:00

Hi

Sorry for not coming back to you.

I have the latest firmware - E.19, although within Server Administrator it only displays this on one EMM.

I've attached 2 screenshots:

EMM - imageshack.us/.../emmq.jpg

Temperature failure - imageshack.us/.../tempcon.jpg

Also, I've had the suggestion that I should upgrade the firmware (even though I do have the latest according to the Dell site), but I cannot figure out how to do this, there is no specific Array Manager for 2008 R2, it's incorporated in to Server Administrator and there is no update firmware option.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

No Events found!