Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 6th, 2013 01:00

Windows not detecting MD3200

Good day, everyone! 

We have DELL 810 Server  with Windows 2008 R2 and Dell Power Vault MD3200.

MD3200 connect to server with 2 SAS cabels. I`m create disk with RAID, according to the instructions (result on picture) and it is working (I think). But Windows not detect this disk. Maybe I`m do something wrong? Help, please.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

June 7th, 2013 08:00

Your picture shows your problem; you cannot use a PERC H800 to connect to an MD SAN. You have to replace that card with a SAS6E card.

• 

7.1K Posts

June 7th, 2013 13:00

Hello ShredGuard,

Dev manger is correct that you have the wrong card for your MD3200.  Here is a link to the support matrix for the MD3200. ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/Common/powervault-md3060e_Concept%20Guide_en-us.pdf  If you look on page 10 it shows you the cards that are supported to work with the MD3200. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

June 6th, 2013 09:00

You have the host in a host group. This is used when you need to cluster the server with 1 or more other servers.

If you aren't clustering, try removing the host from the hostgroup and assign the disk again if needed.

Also check device manager under "Disk Drives". You should see 2 universal devices (1 per cable/connection) and then 1 multipath disk device. If you see this, check disk management to see if the disk shows up there.

• 

7.1K Posts

June 6th, 2013 10:00

Hello ShredGuard,

Here is a link to our deployment guide. ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_powervault/powervault-md3200_Deployment%20Guide_en-us.pdf   I would make sure that your setup is correct as if so you should see your virtual disk if assigned to the host. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

3 Posts

June 7th, 2013 03:00

Good day, Thanks for answers.

We removed a host-group (pic 1)  and moved all to a host.

We don't can assign the disk, but we don't see a disk in device manager.

Windows still not detecting a storage. 

I`m attached a storage and server back photo. 

Thank you!

lStorage

3 Posts

June 10th, 2013 23:00

Thank you all for a help!

We will be change this card.

No Events found!