Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2013 10:00

all 15 disks on MD1000 (PERC H800 adapter) showing yellow caution sign for no reason evident to me

Four of the disks show "failure predicted=yes" (see Figure 1 below) so I understand why they have caution signs;  but the detail on the rest of the drives shows "failure predicted=mo" (see, for example, figure 2 below) so I don't understand why they have caution signs.  The disk in figure 2 also happens to be the only member of that virtual drive, presently, so I know of no reason to suspect that one of the four "failure predicted" drives is somehow affecting its status.

Figure 3 below shows all the physical drives with their accompanying caution signs.  Data does seem to be accessible and writable on these drives.

Has anyone an idea on what I need to do to get rid of the caution signs on the 11 drives that do not show "failure predicted" status?  (PS:  I highly suspect the reliability of the "failure predicted" status since they all happened almost, if not, at the same time.)

Dan J

******************************************************************************************

Figure 1:

Figure 2:

Figure 3

685 Posts

July 11th, 2013 10:00

What I would like to start off with is if we can get some log files? If you would let's get a DSET report from the server. One thing that makes me curious is that you are running an H800 controller when the Perc 5E and Perc 6E are the only two supported Raid Controllers. I will be sending you an email so that when you get the report you can email it to me. Let me know if you have any questions.

685 Posts

July 11th, 2013 18:00

The DSET report can be found at www.support.dell.com/dset I have sent the email so you should have it in your inbox.

12 Posts

July 11th, 2013 18:00

Okay, Kenny.  I am awaiting your email. Also, is the DSET report something I would run from OMSA?

No Events found!