Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2012 03:00

backing up to Powervault RD1000

I am looking to get one of these drives for backup of our sbs2008 server and just wanted to know if anyone has had issues with backing up to the device lately with the built in sbs2008 backup software?

we currently use this and i dont mind swapping to the packaged symantec back exec software but would prefer not too if possible.

• 

6.9K Posts

April 24th, 2012 09:00

Hello  JohnDW80,

Since you are using 2008sbs as your OS then the Symantec backup exec quick start that came with your RD 1000 will not work.  The reason is that you need to have an SBS license for Symantec to run on an SBS system.  Normally the License that you receive with the RD 1000 is a standard License unless you purchased an SBS license for Symantec.  As far as native 2008 SBS backup you can use it but it has some limitations.  In all versions of 2008 they changed the native backup so that it is a 1 time only backup with no scheduling options.  So without the option to set the scheduling you will have to run the backup manually every day.

Let us know if you have any questions.

2 Posts

April 24th, 2012 09:00

Ahhh. I havent actually purchased the RD1000 yet so you say there is a sbs2008 version of the symantec you can bundle with the drive when you purchase it?  If so I dont think i saw it as an option on the selection screen.

No Events found!